Thursday, November 22, 2007

There they go. Here I am.

It is 8:02PM on Thursday evening, dinner is over, my brother and his family have split and here I sit with the parents. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. We've eaten dinner and... my dad just farted. That makes it better. Something to distract me. He drops bombs consistently through the day, night and in between. These bombs are well advertised. He's the Deutsch of fart-publicity. His bombs do not go unnoticed. Sometimes the neighbors come over to make sure everyone is OK.

Depression has hit the Pelican. It's getting rough in here and I'm not sure I can last much longer. If you've ever seen the Survivorman, I am he, but in the oddest element. It may not be the Canadian Rockies but his trip only lasts 7 days. My trip is now on 100+. Sweet Jesus that's a long time.

This started as a joke. It may end sadly. I may drown myself in a bowl of tapioca pudding left in the fridge. At least my last gulp of air will be delicious.

My dad and uncle were talking about having Ojeda (ahh-jeh-duh) at one point during the day. I've heard the term used since I was a kid by ever Italian inter and extra my family. There is never a complete explanation of Ojeda, just a general description: 'You feel like shit and it's caused by something you ate'. From this I'm guessing it could be heartburn, bloating, gas or something related. It's like asking an Italian lady how to make a recipe, you just get the general ingredients with no amounts. Then she adds two more ingredients at the end and says something like 'if you feel like using...' It's not very helpful.

I have Ojeda, I think. At every turn I am thinking about how to get revenue out of this company, our products and every sub-segment of every market. Mass, collegiate, military, specialty shops... just turn some revenue! I'd sell a limb to know a guy who knows a guy.

Enough of this cheer-fest. I'm going to slit my wrist with sand paper. Oh I can't do it. I have my high school reunion on Saturday and I wouldn't want anyone to think I was a loser.

Bear 2, Jamie 0. I hate bears.

jb

No comments: